|The PCCOM PCI bus 8 port adapter is an
32 bits PCI bus board with Plug and Play (PnP) features, it provides eight asynchronous
serial communication ports (RS232 or RS422/RS485), which link the computer and serial
peripheral devices such as terminals, modems, serial printers, plotters, ... etc.
PCCOM PCI bus 8 port adapter is particularly suited to facilitate the connection of
terminals (VDUs) in multi-user operating systems. The PCCOM board may be installed in any
Pentium or hardware compatible systems. The PnP features let hardware configuration for
IRQ and I/O address is detected by BIOS automatically, you dont need set switch and
Since most of the computer has its own COM1 and COM2, the PCCOM PCI bus
8 port adapter can be configured from COM4.
On board ST16C554 chip provides four 16550 functions which contains 16
bytes FIFO buffer for each 16550 ports. There are two kinds of mode can be choose, one is
normal speed mode that its baud rate up to 115200, another is high speed mode that its
baud rate up to 460K.
|The features of the PCCOM PCI
bus 8 port adapter are:
- 32 bit PCI bus with Plug and Play (PnP) features.
- Eight RS232 ports or RS422/RS485 ports for
- Suitable for SCO UNIX, Linux, MS DOS, WINDOWS NT,
WINDOWS 95/98, MS/WINDOWS, ... etc.
- Pentium hardware compatibles.
- Baud rate up to 115200 for normal speed mode and up to
460K for high speed mode.
- Provides 16550 port that contains 16 bytes FIFO for
- Up to 4 boards be installed in one computer system.
- Software compatible with PCCOM98.