|The 8255/8254 laboratory adapter is a
programmable interface for PC/XT, PC/AT, PC/ 386, PC/486, Pentium or compatible computers.
The interface adapter contains 8254 chip and 8255 chips, the 8254 chip provides
timer/counter functions and the 8255 chips provide programmable input/output functions.
There are two type of cards, one contains many plated through-holes at the adapter for
laboratory development and another is typical 8255/8254 adapter.
- Programmable I/O control functions.
- Up to 48 I/O lines.
- Maximum of 10MHZ count rate.
- Three independent 16 bits counter.
- Support several operating modes which are
- Port address selectable.
- Optional-plated through-holes for laboratory
- Delay wait state selectable.